Back-up software has gone through something of a boom of late. With the huge increases in storage, more and more of us are on the look-out for reliable, stable file protection. GoodSync is such a program - it offers fast, automated back up, synchronisation and restore between multiple devices - all in a relatively simple and easy-to-use environment.
Upon first launching GoodSync, you're immediately prompted to select source and destination folders (essentially, your original file folder and the new one you'd like to use as a backup location). The destination folder in GoodSync could be on the same computer, on an iPod, a network drive or any other external storage device. We tested GoodSync with a network drive and found it exceptionally fast.
Additionally, GoodSync's automation feature does exactly what you'd hope for: automatic synchronisation and backup with a raft of configuration options. If, like me, you're backing up important work documents to a network drive, you can easily pick how often this job should be done, to do it just on shutdown, or to allow the task scheduler to handle the job.
You can choose either to back up an entire folder (or folder system) or just specific files with GoodSync. This, along with GoodSync's effective duplicate controls, means that for a simple tool, this program offers you a highly customisable back up and sync solution, enough to offer any user true peace of mind.
A reliable and effective back up solution. Highly recommended.
- Fix offline activation, it was not working.
- Sync: fix delete file on Windows XP does not reset read-only attribute.
- Sync: fix copy folder mod time of empty folders.
- Sync: Do not try to make state file writable if it does not exist.
- Gsync: fix Gsync with temp job was returning -1 on success, not 0.
- GS Server: fix reconnect on timeout sequence, so that Server does not lose original root.
- GS client-server: fix file owner is sometimes not set by Server.
- SkyDrive: stop using "^." folder prefix as it no longer workson the server.
- Browse dialog: if user change sync folder, turn off all auto options, to avoid bad auto syncs.
- Browse Dialog: major rewrite of internals, fixed number of bugs.
- GoodSync Explorer: major rewrite of internals, fix a lot of bugs.